this is one of indonesian classic cakes which always made me addicted. when i lived in yogyakarta there's a cake shop called swiss bakery which sold this cake. it's soft, puffy and delectable. and i always crave for more.
so.. i determined to be able to make a tasty one like it. i must! ;) after browsing some recipes my choice fell on this recipe with some modification. the recipe was easy to made and i was very happy with the result. it's puffy and toothsome, like what i expected.
indonesian cheese cake (steamed cheese cake)
3 egg yolks
150 grams sugar
1 tbsp emulsifier (sp / tbm)
2 tablespoons water
150 g cake flour
40 grams of cornstarch
30 grams of milk powder
150 grams of margarine, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
200 grams of butter cream to spread
200 grams of grated cheddar cheese for dusting
step by step
1. preheat the steamer
2. beat the eggs and sugar until the sugar becomes smooth and well blended.
3. add emulsifiers and water and beat with a mixer at medium speed until it's pale (8-10 minutes)
4. add flour gradually and add cornstarch
5. stir all ingredients until well blended
6. add milk powder, sifted
7. enter the already melted margarine and vanilla essence
8. stir all ingredients until well blended
9. include in the steamer
10. wait for approximately 20 minutes and lift up perfectly ripe
11. wait for the cake to cool and rub the surface of the cake with butter cream
12. sprinkle with cheese already grated.